Are you diplomatic, organized and passionate about local agriculture in our community? Are you enthusiastic about local food and farming? Would you enjoy being the public face of the Falmouth Farmers' Market on market days?
We are looking for a Market Manager for our 2015 season. The 2015 market will take place Thursdays, noon to 6pm at Marine Park, Falmouth, from May 21 to October 8. One holiday market on Tuesday November 24 (22 markets in all.)
Falmouth Farmers’ Market Market Manager Job Description
Reports to: Board of Directors
The Market Manager serves as the face of the Falmouth Farmers’ Market. Market hours are 12:00-6:00 pm, Thursdays May 21 through October 8. One additional holiday Marketing on Tuesday, November 24, 12-4:00 pm. The Market Manager is expected to be on-site 2 hours before each market opens and up to 1 hour after the close of each market.
The Market Manager will work from a set budget, and be responsible for all operations on market day.
The Market Manager will act as a liaison between the Falmouth Farmers’ Market Board of Directors, the vendors and the Town of Falmouth.
* Support vendor relationships, verify compliance with regulations and safety measures, manage parking and stall assignments, and communicate between vendors and the Board of Directors (BOD)
* Develop a positive relationship with vendors and customers
* Attend or prepare information for the monthly BOD meetings during the market season.
* Prepare an annual market managers report on the overall market performance for the BOD October annual meeting.
* Manage Farmers’ Market equipment from start to finish, through the holiday market. This includes table, tent, chairs, market bags and literature.
* Hold vendor meetings if/as necessary
* Represent the market in meetings with community members
* Attend weekly markets, rain or shine
* Set up market’s own tent, display table and ring the noon opening bell
* Direct vendor parking, loading & unloading
2015 Market Season
* Coordinate opening and closing of the market
* Collect vendor fees
* Assist at stalls when necessary
* Enforce the market regulations and town permit conditions
* Handle emergencies and complaints
* Serve as the quality control person for the market’s general appearance and cleanliness.
* Manage the SNAP/EBT machine.
* Be a source of information about the market to the public.
* Keep a weekly market log. Maintain accurate records of vendor attendance and payments, sales of market bags, and t-shirts.
Required Skills & Experience
* Business sense
* Organization skills
* Leadership skills
* Professional demeanor
* Great communication skills
* Conflict resolution skills
Helpful additional qualifications
* Knowledge of farming
* ServSafe certification
*Familiarity with SNAP/EBT
Please email a letter of interest and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org